Mended Hearts is a national organization dedicated to inspiring hope and improving the quality of life for heart disease patients and their families through peer-to-peer support. Mended Hearts of Greater Cleveland is a chapter of Mended Hearts, Inc., a national nonprofit organization. Mended Hearts has been offering the gift of hope to heart disease patients, their famlies and caregivers for more than 60 years.
Mended Hearts has nearly 18,000 members in 300 community-based chapters and satellites across the U.S. (and one in Canada). Chapters partner with more
than 450 hospitals and cardiac
care facilities to provide patient-to-patient support services. Mended Hearts accredited volunteers annually average
more than 200,000 visits to
heart patients and families mostly in person, but also online or by phone.
- To visit, with physician approval, and to offer encouragement and support to heart disease patients and their families.
- To distribute educational information to members, heart disease patients and families.
- To establish and maintain a program of assistance to medical professionals and health care organizations in their work with heart disease patients and their families
- To cooperate with other organizations in education and research activities pertaining to heart disease.
- To assist established heart disease rehabilitation programs for members and their families.
- To plan and conduct suitable programs of social and educational interest for members, and for heart disease patients and their families
Help us to inspire hope by making a donation now!